CARING FOR YOUR SCREEN PRINTED CLOTHING
Caring for your screen-printed garments from The Print Plug in Nampa is crucial to maintain their vibrant colors and high-quality prints. While we always recommend following the specific care instructions provided with each item, here are some general tips to help you keep your custom tees looking new for a long time:
The best method for washing your custom-printed tees is by hand. Follow these steps:
- Turn the shirts inside out to protect the print during washing.
- Mix cold water and a mild detergent in a small tub, then let the shirts soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently agitate the shirts for a few minutes to clean them, avoiding any abrasive brushes.
- Rinse the shirts thoroughly with cool water and gently wring them out.
- Hang the shirts on a rounded hanger to air dry. If hand washing hats, follow the same process.
If using a washing machine, take proper precautions:
- Turn the printed shirts inside out before washing to prevent friction and pilling.
- Pre-treat stains with a mild stain remover spray, gently buffing them with a clean washcloth.
- Separate garments based on color, weight, and texture to avoid fabric damage.
- Use a mild detergent with cold water on a gentle cycle to protect the fabric and prints.
Drying your screen-printed T-shirts properly is just as important as washing them:
For the safest option, hang the shirts on a hanger to air dry. Avoid direct sunlight and use a rounded hanger to prevent shoulder indentations.
If you must use a dryer, turn the shirts inside out before drying. Separate similar weights and textures, and avoid overfilling the dryer.
Select the lowest possible heat setting or use the Permanent Press setting. Remove the shirts before the cycle ends to prevent excessive heat exposure.
To remove wrinkles from your screen-printed tees, follow these guidelines:
- Turn the tee inside out and place it on an ironing board.
- Use the lowest temperature setting on your iron, preferably with little to no steam.
- Place a towel or cloth between the T-shirt and the iron to protect the print.
- Reposition the tee and towel as you iron, ensuring the entire tee is wrinkle-free.
GENERAL CARE TIPS:
Here are some additional tips to keep your printed T-shirts in great condition:
- Allow newly printed tees at least 24 hours to cure before washing them.
- Separate and sort your laundry based on color, texture, and weight to avoid damage.
- Consider using home remedies for stain removal if you don't have stain remover available.
- Be cautious if you have hard water, as it can damage fabrics and prints.
- Avoid chlorine bleach and fabric softeners, opting for non-chlorine bleach and vinegar instead.
- Remove T-shirts from the dryer early to minimize heat exposure and lay them out to fully dry.
- When in doubt or dealing with valuable clothing, opt for professional dry cleaning.
By following these care instructions and using a quality printing company like The Print Plug in Nampa, you can enjoy your screen-printed garments for years to come. Remember, our team is always here to assist you with any specific care concerns or questions you may have.